January PopSugar Must Have Box

My sweet husband knows how much I value my monthly subscription boxes, so he decided to surprise with a PopSugar Must Have box that he knows I've been coveting for a while.  I love that this box includes full-sized hand-selected items in beauty, fashion, home, fitness, and food. That is awesome variety. It costs $39.95 per month, and it was this price tag that's discouraged me from subscribing to this myself. 
January PopSugar Must Have Box
This mask is actually to be used a couple of times a week in place of cleanser.  It has a kind of foamy texture as you apply it, and there's this effervescent feeling as it oxygenates.  It did seem somewhat hydrating, which is great for winter.  
Malin + Goetz Detox Face Mask
LOL, so this book started a bit of trouble. This wasn't the first time the thought of doing some kind of juicing cleanse had crossed my mind...so once I spotted this book, I figured now was the time. It has some great recipes, and it's really an easy and thought-provoking read.  You can read about my juicing adventures here
The Juice Generation Book
This is a cute calendar, but I don't have a desk or anything right now, so I just have it sitting on the kitchen counter.
Rifle Paper Co. 2014 Flip Around the World Desk Calendar
Jack + Lucy Tech Gloves, ~$14.00 [eBay]
I thought these gloves were cute when I first spotted them, but I hadn't even worn them out of the house yet, and the thread on the right index finger started unraveling. I was really disappointed - this is a $40.00 subscription box, so there is a base level of quality that you would expect.
Jack + Lucy Tech Gloves
I decided to contact PopSugar's customer service. They were out of stock on these gloves, but they offered me a product of my choosing from past boxes.  There were a couple of scarves I really liked, so I ended up choosing this Michael Stars Folk Art Wrap, that originally retailed for $42.00.
Michael Stars Folk Art Wrap
Pipsnacks White Truffle Pipcorn, $6.00 [$18 for three 4.5 oz bags]
This was tasty mini popcorn, and my husband loved it as well. The truffle flavor isn't too heavy; it seems well-balanced and a plentiful snack for only 120 calories.
Pipsnacks White Truffle Pipcorn
I was a little surprised to see a drugstore brand because I expected these to be more premium products. The files look cute, but I'm pretty well-stocked on nail files.
Total Value ~$94.49 (~$134.49 if you include the additional scarf I received.)
The value of this month's box was over twice the cost. It included a nice variety of items, my favorites being the juice book and the gloves (now the scarf). I really like that it's more diverse than my usual beauty subscription boxes.

Comments

Popular Posts