Influenster J'Adore VoxBox

I received my J'Adore VoxBox shortly before Valentine's Day, and the timing couldn't have been more perfect!  This box packs several goodies to make you (and that special someone in your life!) feel great for Valentine’s day - or any other special day!
HERSHEY'S KISSES Milk Chocolate, $5.29 [18.5 oz bag]
The very first item I tore into was that Family Bag of Hershey's Kisses! I used them to decorate my husband's Valentine's present, and as soon as he saw those foil-wrapped chocolates, he dug into them right away!
Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask, $9.39
The product information on the Boots website explains that "this mineral rich oceanic clay mask contains a negative electrical charge which acts like a magnet helping to draw deep-rooted impurities out of the skin without drying". This mask helped zap excess shine to leave skin feeling great without leaving that tight and dry feeling.


John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-Day Straigh Flat Iron Spray, Sample Value: $2.85 [Full-size: $9.99 for 3.5 fl. oz.]
I have long hair with a natural wave to it.  I'm usually fairly lazy with it - wash, brush, apply some product, and air dry. To try out this product, I first washed my hair then used a blow dryer and finally flat ironed. I sprayed down my hair before blow drying and added a little more before flat ironing along with some thermal spray for added heat protection.  I thought the results were fairly good. My hair was smoother, straight, and there was added body.  The next day, it was still fairly smooth and straight, but I could see some of the wave starting to creep back in. 
  




















 KISS Looks So Natural Lashes, $3.99
This is the second time I've given false eyelashes a try, and I have not gotten any better at applying them. So, I opened these and first followed the instructions on the package to apply them. There was a noticeable gap between my natural lashes and the falsies.  A few days later, I decided to give it a try again after watching a couple of Youtube videos (first video and second), so I borrowed a couple of tips from each of the videos to see if that helped any.  Nah, not so much. I totally appreciate and understand the extra glam factor that comes with adding false eyelashes, but this is a look that just isn't for me. Maybe if I get special application training LOL?

I ended up first lining my eyes with black eyeliner and applying mascara. I then gripped the lashes in the center using a pair of tweezers while I applied the glue. You then wait about 30 seconds for the glue to get a bit tacky. I pressed into the center of my lash line and then adjusted the edges to line up as close to my lash line as I could get it.  



















Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas, Sample Value: $0.90 [$4.49 for 20 tea bags]
Personally, I'm not much of a tea drinker, but I really appreciate the unique flavors of tea that Red Rose offers.  In addition to the Creme Caramel and Lemon Chiffon samples I received, they also offer Cinnamon Streusel and Vanilla Biscotti among other flavors. How yummy do these sound?!  
I prepared the Creme Caramel tea with no added sugar or anything, just hot water. You could really smell the caramel, but it tasted just like tea and didn't have a terribly strong caramel flavor. Not bad actually!
Vaseline Men Spray Lotion - Fast Absorbing, $7.99
I handed this product over to my husband to try. I was a bit jealous because I've been wanting to try the spray lotions myself (I did give it a try as well, but it definitely has a masculine smell to it!). I asked my husband for his impartial review of this product, and he responded that he would grade it as a B+ overall. It was fairly easy to apply and it dried quickly and left a nice smell. He did comment that the spray method felt a bit wasteful and messy as the wide spray arc allows for some of the lotion to spray on the floor, but he felt this was a minor con. And this is the most I've ever seen him willingly use lotion, so that's a plus for me! :)
Total Value: $30.41
There were some great items in the J'Adore VoxBox to help you relax or get glammed up for a special occasion.  While not everything was perfect for me, it was fun to give everything a try. :)

Comments

Popular Posts