February 2014 Sample Society

Sample Society is a beauty subscription box that includes five deluxe-sized samples from the world's best luxury brands. For $15.00 monthly, you will be able to sample these deluxe brands and you will likely find that the value of the products received is twice what you paid (or more!). You will also receive $15 to redeem on a $50 purchase when any product from this month's sampled brands is included. If you are thinking of trying out Sample Society, please use this unique code, RXCK109088, at the Beauty Bar website, so I can receive referral credit. 
February 2014 Sample Society
Sample Society changed their packaging to no longer include the information card that listed all the products with some brief information for each of them. It's a small change, but I found that to be valuable information and a convenient place to jot down my notes on each product.  

Alterna Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand, Sample Value: $4.68 [$22 for 4 oz, sample size: 0.85 oz]
This hair product smelled vaguely of men's cologne. After washing my hair, I applied the product as instructed and used a blow dryer. It did seem to add some thickness to my hair, but it left a bit of a film. In the future, I will probably just apply to hair and let it air dry. 
Alterna Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand,
Alterna Bamboo Volume 48 Hour Sustainable Volume Spray, $5.06 [$25 for 4.2 oz, sample size: 0.85 oz]  
This spray also smelled like men's cologne, but I thought it was slightly better than the Plumping Strand Expand. It added some thickness but left less of a film than the other product.
Alterna Bamboo Volume 48 Hour Sustainable Volume Spray
dermalogica Precleanse Deluxe Sample, $7.45 [$38 for 5.1 oz, sample size: 1 oz]
This was my favorite product of the box. This precleanse is applied to your face dry before you use your regular cleanser. It really works to dissolve "layers of excess sebum, sunscreen, makeup, environmental pollutants and residual skin products that build up during the day". You then add water and it "transforms into a milky emulsion that easily rinses away oil-based debris from the skin's surface".  And you can even use it around the eye area. It's a great product to make sure you remove all of your make-up, and my face feels softer and smoother after using this. 
dermalogica Precleanse Deluxe Sample
Phyto Phytokeratine Mask Deluxe Sample, $9.75 [$39.00 for 200 ml, sample size: 50 ml]
And this was my least favorite product of the box. This hair mask had a pleasant fragrance, but it left a residue and my hair still felt dry. I tried this mask three times for varying lengths of time for anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes. I don't know if it just wasn't suited for my hair texture or what, but I just don't feel like it did anything positive for my hair.
Phyto Phytokeratine Mask Deluxe Sample
Tres Pure Face Tonic, $5.36 [$65.00 for 4 oz, sample size: .33 oz]
This face tonic spray smells just lovely. It boasts several benefits, including: Softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; Helps firm skin while preventing dehydration; Promotes growth of healthy new skin cells; Purifies and helps balance the skin to reveal radiance; and Leaves skin feeling supple and smooth.
Tres Pure Face Tonic

Total Value: $32.30
Both boxes for 2014 have come in at roughly twice its cost.  This was probably one of my least favorite boxes from this brand, but it still introduced me to a product I am loving. :) 
Please remember to use this unique code, RXCK109088, at the Beauty Bar website if you decide to give 'em a try. I'd say they're definitely worth checking out for a small, luxurious indulgence!

Comments

Popular Posts