September 2014 Beauty Bar Sample Society

Sample Society is a beauty subscription box that includes five deluxe-sized samples from the world's best luxury brands. For $15.00 monthly, you will be able to sample these deluxe brands and you will likely find that the value of the products received is twice what you paid (or more!). You will also receive $10 to redeem on a $50 purchase at BeautyBar.com. If you are thinking of trying out Sample Society, please use this unique code, RXCK109088, at the Beauty Bar website, which will give me referral credit. 
September 2014 Beauty Bar Sample Society
Alterna Caviar Repairx Re-texturing Protein Cream, $9.26 [Full-size: $35.00 for 5.1 oz; sample size: 1.35 oz]
This white and creamy leave-in treatment for coarse and severely damaged hair is formulated with Strand-Building Proteins to help restructure strands. I applied it to wet, freshly cleansed hair, but I didn't blow dry since that's not a usual part of my routine. It had a citrusy smell that doesn't linger. I didn't notice any immediate results, and I think that hair oils generally work better for me for quick smoothing.
Alterna Caviar Repairx Re-texturing Protein Cream
LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer, $9.41 [$32.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.5 oz]
Overall, I like this primer. I applied it after my moisturizer and before my foundation, and it did help my make-up go on more smoothly. However, since my skin tends to be on the oily side, its mattifying properties were not terribly long-lasting.
LORAC POREfection Mattifying Face Primer
Givenchy Fragrance Dahlia Divin Fragrance, $2.17 [$65.00 for 30 ml; sample size: 1 ml]
The spray bottle itself was a little hard to press, but I liked the fragrance. It was spicy and warm - great for chilly fall days - and the fragrance lasted a decently long time.
Givenchy Fragrance Dahlia Divin Fragrance
Restorsea Revitalizing Eye Cream, $85.00 [Full-size: 0.5 oz]
I did not open this eye cream since I already have plenty in my stock that need to be used up first. But sheesh, that is a good value!
Restorsea Revitalizing Eye Cream
Tarte Brazilliance Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelettes, $9.00 [Set of 3]
This smelled similar to other self-tanner brands I've tried. Overall, it had decent color pay-off with just one towelette, but it did leave my neck streaky. I still have two more to use, so I would just apply more carefully in the future.
Tarte Brazilliance Maracuja Self Tanning Face Towelettes
Total Value: $114.84
Obviously, that full-sized eye cream really boosted the value here. Sadly, I will be taking a break from Sample Society for a while. I had meant to cancel before September, but I missed cut-off, so this will likely be my last box for a while. Please remember to use this unique code, RXCK109088, at the Beauty Bar website if you decide to give 'em a try. I'd say they're definitely worth checking out for a small, luxurious indulgence!

Comments

Popular Posts