September 2014 Glossybox Review

September 2014 Glossybox Review
Glossybox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five deluxe-sized beauty products.  The box itself retails for $21 per month, but you can subscribe to a plan that bills you every three, six, or twelve months, which brings the monthly cost down to $20, $19.17, or $18.33, respectively.  They provide the best presentation I have seen in a monthly subscription service with high-quality brands bundled in a a sturdy box! If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please sign up using this link.
September 2014 Glossybox Review
For the September Glossybox, the company partnered with the editors of premier fashion magazine Harper's BAZAAR to fill the box with everything you need for a "minimalistic, chic fall look".

Essie She's Pampered, Value: $8.50 [Full-size]
This was actually my first Essie polish. It applied easily and had good coverage at only one coat. I used it as a base for A Snogging Booth? in my review of Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer's Doctor Who collection. It did stain my nails a little bit after removal, but that's typical for a red polish.
Essie She's Pampered
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara, $7.67 [$23.00 for 0.3 oz; sample: 0.1 oz]
I have heard good things about this mascara, but I already have too many tubes open, so I decided not to test this one right now.
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara
Source: Glossybox
Bvlgari Parfumee Au The Vert Conditioner, ? [$45.00 for 6.76 oz]
When I first saw this, I was initially disappointed that it was only hair conditioner without an accompanying shampoo. The consistency was kind of thin for a conditioner, and I've definitely tried others that are more moisturizing. The smell was a bit too cologney for me, but it was definitely long-lasting. When I took my hair down after a day of work, I could still smell the fragrance.
Bvlgari Parfumee Au The Vert Conditioner
Vichy Liftactiv Night, $15.09 [$50.00 for 1.69 oz; sample: 0.51 oz]
This thick, rich cream was lightly scented and it absorbed easily into the skin. Although it's a relatively small bottle, it seems like a little goes a long way and it will last a while.
Vichy Liftactiv Night
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar: Matte in Black Dahlia, $18.00 [Full-size]
Described as the blackest blackened red, I just found this color to be too dark for me. It also rubbed off as soon as I began eating dinner. I will try it out again with more careful application - and if nothing else, maybe it would be good for Halloween, LOL??? I would definitely recommend exfoliating your lips first.
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar: Matte in Black Dahlia
Total Value: >$49.26
If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please please sign up using this link

Comments

Popular Posts