October 2016 Play! by Sephora Review

October 2016 Play! by Sephora Review
Smashbox Always on Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat, ?
The color of this liquid lipstick is almost on the edge of being garish, but overall, I kind of liked it. It's sort of a neutral brown with a slight orange undertone. As is the case with most liquid lipsticks, my lips felt dry soon after application, but this wasn't overly bothersome. I found this lipstick to be especially long-lasting, easily making it into the afternoon with plenty of product still on my lips.
Smashbox Always on Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat
Farmacy Skin Dew Mist, $9.07 [$44.00 for 3.3 oz; sample size: 0.68 oz]
If I never receive another face spray, it'll be too soon. I mostly used this as a refresher in the AM. It's a forceful spray, so it helps to hold it back around arm's length when you do your spritzing. It has a light herbal fragrance.
Farmacy Skin Dew Mist
Madam C.J. Walker Scent & Shine Coconut Oil, $2.29 [$26.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.15 oz]
This hair oil kind of smells like vanilla cupcakes. I used it on both wet and dry hair to add smoothness.
Madam C.J. Walker Scent & Shine Coconut Oil
The Estee Edit by Estee Lauder Flash Photo Gloss, $7.41 [$20.00 for 0.27 oz; sample size: 0.1 oz]
I found this gloss to be way too sticky. I tried wearing it on its own as well as layering it over the Smashbox liquid lipstick to try and make that feel a little less dry.  It's kind of a thick gloss and very little product actually comes out as you use it.  This gloss is supposed to have cool blue undertones that make your teeth appear brighter, but I didn't notice any difference.
The Estee Edit by Estee Lauder Flash Photo Gloss
Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum, $15 [$90.00 for 30 ml; sample size: 5 ml]
This relatively fragrance-free serum smoothed on to my skin easily.
Derek Lam 10 Crosby Silent St., ?
If you'd like to smell me circa 7th grade, come take a whiff of this. I applied this in the AM before work and kind of stood there puzzling over what this fragrance reminded me of...a perfume I used to wear in 7th grade...what was it called...oh yeah! Jovan Musk. A guy that I liked had commented on how he liked the perfume someone was wearing and asked what it was, so I made a point to pick up that brand ASAP.  I read the description of the Derek Lam fragrance: "soft blend of white musks"...and it was obvious why the smell evoked memories of my middle school fragrance. Overall, I found it to be a long-lasting perfume. As it fades in the afternoon, I found that I was still able to pick up occasional notes of this warm fragrance.
Derek Lam 10 Crosby Silent St.
Total Value: >$33.77

Details: Play! by Sephora is a beauty subscription box that features a curation of five deluxe samples plus a bonus fragrance in a collectible bag. The monthly cost is $10.00 + tax. Each box also includes a Play! Pass that you can use to receive 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any in-store purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts