October 2016 Disposables

October 2016 DisposablesDefinitely cleared out some clutter in October!
October 2016 Disposables
NAIL PRODUCTS
1. I pulled out this orange crackle shade from Julep [Sabrina] for my Halloween nails, and I managed to get my nails done, but it wasn't an easy task. This polish was thick and chunky, so I ended up tossing it.
2. This Maybelline Express Finish nail polish is soooo old.  I literally remember applying it at my parents' house, and it's been close to a decade since I've lived at home.
3. I actually won this Shimmer nail polish back in 2013, and I was sad that it's gotten way too think to work with. I tried thinning it, but there's just no saving it.
4. Nail file I discovered while cleaning out the front hall closet.
5. Another beautiful polish I was sad to get rid of. I got one last use out of this Pretty & Polished Love is Autumn-atic, but it had also gotten too thick.
HAIR PRODUCTS
1. This Redken Wool Shake Gel-Slush Texturizer just wasn't a win for me.  It's apparently sought after since it's been discontinued, but I think I'll pass it on to my mom.
2. I think this bottle of Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Shampoo had started to go bad as the product was starting to separate inside the bottle. That's the problem when I get shampoo samples without accompanying conditioners!
3. While the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Styling Cream didn't completely eliminate frizz, it was a decent product. It helped smooth and control my hair without making it stiff.
4. Hair oil from my October Sephora box.
5. Hair spray from my June 2014 ipsy Glam Bag.
BODY PRODUCTS
1. Bath & Body Works Maui Mango Surf body scrub.
2. I've picked up this lotion a handful of times - definitely a winner in my book.
3. Love these little hand sanitizers.
4. Love L'Occitane hand creams.
MAKE-UP PRODUCTS
1. The Dr. Brandt Pore Refiner Primer is about the best primer I've found for my skin type. It doesn't completely eliminate my pores, but it definitely refines them.  Also, save yourself some money and buy the 0.5 oz size from Sephora - even if you buy 2, it is less than buying one of the 1 oz size.
2. Possibly the most disappointing product featured so far in the Sephora box [May].  I gave this one more shot, but application is a joke.
3. Disappointing eye shadow stick from September's GLOSSYBOX.
4. Super-sticky gloss from the October Sephora box.
5. Given how worn down this blush is from the November 2014 GLOSSYBOX, it was definitely well-loved. It was a flattering pink with a slight shimmer.
6. Golden Glow Skin Enhancer from my June 2016 Birchbox.
7. I stored this lip balm from the July 2015 GLOSSYBOX in my bathroom for easy touch-ups.
8. The Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation seemed promising at first, but I had difficulties with it. The pump broke after just a few uses, so that was frustrating. The color was a little too light, so if that was my only issue, I would've just exchanged it. But application was also difficult. It recommends that you not use a sponge for application, but I didn't like the results of using either my fingers or a brush. A sponge wasn't perfect, but it yielded the best results.  Finally, it was just too thick and still didn't give me the perfect finish.  I returned this to Sephora, but I forgot to take a picture before doing so.
FACE PRODUCTS
1. This setting mist came in my July 2015 PopSugar box, but I found it to be too tacky. I tried using it as a sunscreen that I would keep in my car and could apply to the back of my hands, but it just feels so unpleasant on the skin.
2. This Origins Clear Improvement mask seemed to do a decent job, but I think I'm looking for something that helps clean my pores more thoroughly in the future.
3. I first received this can of water in my May 2014 ipsy Glam Bag, and I still have another can to use up. I don't really see the point in this, but I hate to just throw things away. I spritzed this on in the AM after waking up and before going to work out.
4. Face mask from my October GLOSSYBOX.
5. This face oil came in my August 2014 Sample Society box.
6. I didn't like this oil from my October GLOSSYBOX.
7. Sally Hansen Wax Hair Remover Strip

FINAL RESULTS: 29

Comments

Popular Posts