Wednesday Weekend Wind-Up: Thanksgiving At Home

My boss expressed her gratitude to several of us in the office in the best way possible. She gave us Friday off! I was planning on working Friday at least for a half-day, but on Wednesday afternoon, she said just take the day off without having to use PTO. I was thrilled. :)

We ended up at Mazunte Taqueria for dinner Wednesday night - definitely a fave of ours.  I'd recently read a review from Cincinnati Refined boasting that it's one of the most authentic and best Mexican restaurants in Cincy.  It inspired me to try the Chile Relleno, and I definitely did not regret it.
Mazunte Taqueria
We spent Thanksgiving day at home, just the two of us. This is definitely a first for us, but with my brother living across the country and everyone kind of going different directions for the holidays, it was so much easier to just stay home. I was sad to not see family, but we made the most of our 4-day weekend.
Overall, we had a simple meal.
Tofurky, mashed potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, macaroni and cheese, and biscuits.
The star of the show was the delicious Salted Honey Pie that Francisco made.
The weather wasn't half-bad for this time of year - well, it was at least tolerable for a few outside pics.
Friday is better known as the release day of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. In true Gilmore fashion, I had my coffee in hand first thing in the morning ready to dive in to all 4 seasons/episodes.
When it was time to pull out the Christmas decorations, this one was poised for trouble.
Of course that was a lot of hard work for these boys.
A massive flock of crows eerily flew in later in the day [prompting me to exclaim there was a murder outside.]
The rest of the weekend, I did not step foot outside at all. I snuggled with these boys all weekend and loved every minute of it. Francisco left the house once on Sunday to pick up a pizza once we'd ran out of leftovers. I definitely need more long weekends in my life!

Comments

Popular Posts