April 2018 Disposables

MAKE-UP PRODUCTS
1. I used the Jelly Pong Pong GLOW GETTER Highlighter from the March 2015 Birchbox on the inner corners of my eye.
2. I just purchased the Perricone MD No Make-Up Instant Blur during Sephora's semi-annual sale, but I am planning to return. Application was awkward, and it didn't work well with make-up. I'm uncertain whether I should include returns like this in these reports, but for a brief period of time, they were a part of my make-up collection, so I'll just lump them in here.
3. The MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm came in the January 2014 ipsy bag. It was so drying on my lips.
4. The Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon came in the November 2013 ipsy bag. It really has been a go-to staple of mine for a while; I would bring it on trips and carry it in my purse for shorter excursions. However, I'd really noticed in some videos that it wasn't really wearing well. It would look fine after initial application, but then it would wear down very unevenly. After one too many times of being annoyed at how my lipstick looked on camera, I decided to finally pitch this. 
5. Mascara test product.
6. I liked the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara that came in my August 2016 Sephora Play! bag
BODY & HAIR PRODUCTS
1. I've had the Suave Wild Cherry Blossom Body Lotion for too many freaking years. I kept in the half-bath for a while, but it was rarely being used. Francisco finally took it into his bathroom to finish off, and I am happy to finally say goodbye to this bottle. It had gotten very watery and didn't seem very effective.
2. While the Pantene Silky Moisture Whip smelled amazing, it left my hair matted and tangled. I usually used it with my hair partially wet, so I wonder if it would've worked better if my hair was damp throughout for more even distribution.
3. I tried the Bamboo Oil Strengthening Shine Treatment as part of a BrandBacker campaign. Overall, I've been pleased with all of the Hask-branded products that I've tried. 
4. I received a couple small samples of the Vita Coconut Oil, which can be used in either the bathroom or the kitchen. :)  I decided to use as a hair treatment, but I don't really love using coconut oil for this purpose since it gets chunky in your hair. 
SKIN PRODUCTS
1. I received the Adovia Mud Mask as part of a Tomoson brand campaign back in May 2014
2. The Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream came in the Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland collection
3. I originally tried the Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid as part of a BzzAgent campaign
4. The Pur-Lisse Youth Preserve Skin Serum was from my October 2013 Sample Society box.  Here's the thing, man. There is no way a serum from almost 5 year ago is still any good. I didn't set out this year to not buy another beauty subscription box, but I'm happy I haven't caved in and purchased one yet. I am diligently working on clearing out years of supplies first. 
5. Another sample of the Paula's Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Eye Cream - I think I'm down to just one of these left! 

FINAL RESULTS: 15 Light month, but at least there were a few good-sized products used up!

Comments

Popular Posts