March 2015 Birchbox Review

It has been a long time since I've reviewed a Birchbox, but my husband recently decided to surprise me with a subscription.  The theme for March was Creativity, so subscribers received this decorated box:
March 2015 Birchbox Review
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle, Sample Value: ? [$21.95 for 8 oz]
I've received this sample before, but I don't remember when or from where. It smells nice, like spiced vanilla, and I've used it on both damp and dry hair to smooth and detangle.
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, $6.46 [$19.50 for 3.2 oz; sample size: 1.06 oz]
I could have sworn that I've also tried this dry shampoo before, but I can't find anything to confirm that. It has a clean smell that could be a bit overwhelming if you're sensitive to strong fragrances. It did a decent job of adding volume when I styled my hair.
Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator, $5.67 [$34.00 for 120 g; sample size: 20 g]
This cleanser had a light, fresh scent and a fine grit. I thought it did a decent job at exfoliating.
Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
Jelly Pong Pong GLOW GETTER Highlighter, $12.75 [Full-size]
When I first swatched this, I thought it might make for a good eyeshadow, but it proved to be way too light when blended on to my eyelids. It is a decent highlighter for the inner corner of your eyes, and I've also tried dabbing it on my cheekbones. I think I'm still working on finding the right balance so that it doesn't end up making my skin look greasy.
Jelly Pong Pong GLOW GETTER Highlighter
Harvey Price Hello, ? [$55.00 for 50 ml]
This floral citrus fragrance wasn't as long-lasting as I had hoped, mostly faded by lunchtime. Overall, it was a crisp scent that I enjoyed despite its floral undertones.
Harvey Price Hello
Total Value: >$24.88
Well, Birchbox, it sure has been a while, and it was definitely nice to welcome you back into my life. :) This box was valued at over twice its cost ($10.00), so the value is definitely there. I love that my husband was thoughtful enough to surprise me with this subscription beauty box!

Comments

Popular Posts