July 2018 Disposables

NAIL PRODUCTS
1. Is it just me, or do the splotches on this bottle totally remind you of Nickelodeon? I'd picked up this bottle of L.A. Girl Brites nail polish in this hot pink shade [Dynamite?] back in Lafayette at Gordman's. I'm currently sporting it on my toes; I'm not sure if it was my husband's pedicure skills or just the quality of the polish, but it was a touch too thick and hard to work with, so I decided to toss it.
2. I won this bottle of Holo - Take My Breath Away from Sweet Heart Polish back in October 2013. I absolutely loved this shade, but it's gotten goopy. [Link to the SweetHeartPolish Etsy shop if interested.] 
3. I tried out a one-month subscription to the Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box in August 2013 and ended up with the shade Violet Vixen. This one was also getting too thick. I think that's not too uncommon with indie polishes, and glitter formulas in general are prone to thickening as well.
4. I don't remember where I picked up the Orly Bonder Basecoat, but it's fine. Their website lists it at $11, so I'd probably look for something more affordable next time I needed to pick up base coat. 
BODY
1. Small sample of Palmer's Coconut Oil Body Lotion.
2. A co-worker gifted me this B&BW White Citrus Body Lotion.
3. After trying the Degree Dry Spray, I became a little enamored with the spray format of deodorant.  But the Secret Fresh Invisible Spray Antiperspirant and Deodorant in Cool Waterlily was really no comparison.  First of all, I used up the Degree product in May, so I would've started using the Secret product sometime after that.  Best case, this bottle only lasted 3 months. I feel like a normal stick of deodorant lasts me a lot longer than that, and I thought the Degree product lasted longer as well. Secondly, the Secret product started getting clumpy and it would leave white accumulations of product under my arms that I'd have to wipe away before getting dressed. Gross. Also gross is that the bottle seemed to be leaking some kind of liquid, so it felt a little greasy when you picked it up. Long story short, this isn't worth it.  Looks like I picked it up for $4.33 at Kroger back in March. I know I used an Ibotta coupon as well to help make this more affordable. Definitely check out Ibotta if you haven't already; here's my referral link: https://ibotta.com/r/rpelcxs.
HAND PRODUCTS
1. B&BW Pink Grapefruit Hand Soap
2. I love all things L'Occitane (except the price point), including this hand cream.
3. This is a B&BW Hand Sanitizer [Fresh Picked Strawberries] that I kept on my desk at work. It had started to thicken up and wasn't really absorbing well, leaving bits of red gunk that I'd need to wipe off.   
FACE PRODUCTS
1. I received the Valentia Clay Mask as part of a Brandbacker campaign in May 2016, and that may be too long to keep around this clay mask. It was separating a little bit, and since I'm sure I dipped my fingers into this container, I thought it best to just dispose of.
2. I received the Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer in the October 2013 Sample Society box, and I'd been using this as a travel moisturizer for a while.
3. I received the Adeline Eye Serum as part of a Tomoson campaign in May 2015.  I think I'm looking for something that is formulated with retinol for my eye area.
4. I recently received this Make-Up Eraser Sample. I was really hoping it was going to work miracles and replace my other make-up removers, but it really just seemed to tug at my skin and wasn't all that effective.
HAIR
1. I don't know why I ended up lumping the Radha Beauty Fractionated Coconut Oil into the hair section while I was taking photos. I may have used it a few times as a hair treatment, but I primarily used it as a make-up remover. It was pretty effective at removing make-up, and I liked that I could just dispense it in my hands and rub it on instead of using a cotton pad or some other instrument. My eyes were a little sensitive after using it to remove make-up from this area, but I could see myself picking up a similar product in the future. 
2. I used the Garnier Fructis Long & Strong Shampoo a couple times on my hair, but I think I ended up using it more frequently as a shaving cream.  As always, a sample like this is always much more appreciated when it comes with a conditioner.
3 & 4. L'Oreal Color Vibrancy Shampoo & Conditioner.
MAKE-UP
1. There's some heavy hitters in this category, starting with the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation. While I'd say I still haven't found my HG foundation, this one is about as close as it gets. It's not exactly cheap at $47.00 per bottle, but it provides decent coverage without being too heavy. I just finished the shade 110 IVO C, which I thought was maybe slightly too light for me, but of course going up a shade turned out to be too dark (you'll see that in next month's summary). I've already repurchased in the 110 shade since I wasn't able to find an alternate foundation before I was out of the good stuff completely.
2. I know these two make-up brands are at vastly different price points, but for some reason, I always lump L'Oreal and Lancome together in my head.  I would mix the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in 101 Classic Ivory with the Pro-Glow variety as this one seemed a tad bit drying on its own.
3. The L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation in 201 Classic Ivory was too dewy on its own for my skin type.
4. I actually kind of liked the Sephora 10Hr Wear Perfection Foundation at first, but it started to separate a little and start looking greasy, leaving me fairly shiny by the end of the day.  It has good coverage though.
5. I received the LA SPLASH COSMETICS Eyeshadow Sealer/Base in my April 2014 GLOSSYBOX. There was really only one eye shadow product I was using this with, and I figured this was probably past its prime.
6. This black eye liner is so old and sharpened down, that I am not even sure on the brand anymore. I think it is likely this Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil from the September 2013 ipsy bag. It applied easily but would smear just as easily.
7. I liked the Julep Gel Eye Glider in Navy Smoke that I received in the April 2015 GLOSSYBOX
8. I don't think I would pay $16.00 for this beautyblender blendercleanser solid, but this did turn me on to the idea of using a bar of soap as a cleaning utensil. I used to just use baby shampoo to clean my beautyblender, but rubbing the blender on a solid bar of soap seems more effective.
9. I wasn't a big fan of the bareMinerals BarePro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation in the shade Cashmere. 
10. I returned the Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder after trying it for a while and ultimately finding that the Urban Decay Velvetizer seems to perform better for me, so I've repurchased that one instead.  The peach powder is formulated to smell like peaches and sweet fig cream, and after accidentally getting some in my mouth, I realized that it tastes a little bit sweet, too. I had my husband close his eyes and discreetly fed him some make-up, and he agreed lol! 
11. My last unsuccessful and returned make-up product of the month was the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. This one was super bad for my skin type. It settled into my pores, and it didn't make a great base for other products. I tried the color Light 1 Siberia, but found that it leaned a little too yellow for me. It actually specifically states on the Sephora website "for fair skin with yellow undertones", so maybe the Mont Blanc with neutral undertones would have been a better color match.  I've never been good at identifying my undertones!

FINAL RESULTS: 29 A good number of full-sized products this month - and phew, that's a lot of foundation!  

Comments

Popular Posts