April 2015 Glossybox Review

The "bold and colorful pop art-inspired April box is an homage to" daring women like Estee Lauder, sending the message that it is up to each of us to make our dreams a reality.
Marrakesh Endz: Split End Mender & Preventer, $5.99 [Full-size]
This hair cream smoothed in easily with a spicy fragrance.
Aerin Waterlily Sun, $19.41 [$110.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.3 oz]
I fully anticipated not liking this fragrance - it was described as a fresh, floral blend and all things flowery tend to be not my style. Instead I found myself completely surprised in that I really liked it. It's kind of a sweet floral scent that reminds me of vacation. Maybe it goes to show that your tastes can evolve. :)
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Gloss, $18.00 [Full size]
Lipstick is probably my least favorite cosmetic to play with, especially if it's complicated to apply. This one's a bit tricky. I received the shade Rhythm Box, which is a translucent purpled burgundy. It's highly pigmented and a bit minty. I think it was supposed to come with an applicator brush, but mine didn't.  It's a very striking color; it just takes careful application, and you can even layer it over other lippies to create a varied lip color.
Estee Lauder Enlighten Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum, $14.88 [$62.00 for 1 oz; sample size: 0.24 oz]
This serum applied like silk with a lightly perfumed fragrance.
Julep Gel Eye Glider, $16.00 [Full-size]
I could not have been happier with this eye liner. The application was smooth, and I loved the color - a rich, deep blue. Still neutral enough to comfortably wear to work, but a nice change from my normal black. It also has great staying power!
Thursday Friday Canvas Pouch, ?
Finally, there was a random make-up pouch tossed in that I really could have done without. I've received another Thursday Friday product in the past, and I just don't really love the style of these.
Total Value: >$74.28
If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please sign up using this link. I loved the eyeliner and the fragrance this month!

Details: Glossybox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five deluxe-sized beauty products.  The box itself retails for $21 per month, but you can subscribe to a plan that bills you every three, six, or twelve months, which brings the monthly cost down to $20, $19.17, or $18.33, respectively.  They provide the best presentation I have seen in a monthly subscription service with high-quality brands bundled in a a sturdy box! 

Comments

Popular Posts