Tomoson: Steam Park

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to try Steam Park, a strategic management game made by IELLO. You can check out their Games Catalog at their website.    I have a decent collection of board games; it could easily span a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf. Not the largest collection I've ever witnessed (a friend of mine has literally a WALL of board games...and then some), but a large enough set to make you pause and make sure you're not overlooking anything for family game night fun.
In this game, you will play against your opponents as you each build and manage your own amusement park. To win, you'll need to maximize visitors to the park and keep your park clean.  Which can be easier said then done depending on the strategy you elect to employ and the luck of the roll/draw.

While this is a strategic game, it is very easy to vary the complexity to suit your experience. So, if you're easily intimidated by strategy games, have no fear. I was figuring it all out as I went along, and I still wasn't failing miserably.  The first night my husband and I played twice in a row using the basic rules. It is made for 2-4 players, and an average game is expected to last about an hour. After the first game, I had a good understanding and was much more sharp on the second game.  A couple of days later, we tried again with the more advanced rules, which keep things a little more interesting. But will give you more things to keep track of, so be sure to stay on your toes!  This a game that gets better and better each time you play.  You've learned a little more, strategizing comes a little more naturally, and before you know it, you have a blossoming amusement park.

The game itself felt like it was made of solid construction. In terms of putting everything together for first-time play, it did take some time to get everything punched out of the cardboard and lined up, but the pieces came out fairly easily and cleanly. The designers were also considerate enough to provide extra bags for easy storage at the end. The visual style is fun. The instruction booklet is sprinkled with humor and fairly easy to follow. It's a few pages long but not overwhelming. The wording of the some of the points could have used a little editing, but I can be a bit of a grammar nazi. :) 

All in all, a fun game to add to any board game collection!  For additional information about Steam Park and other similar games, please check out any of the sites below:
Official website: www.iellogames.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/IelloGames
Twitter page: http://twitter.com/IelloGames

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

Popular Posts