Yelp: A Moveable Feast

Last weekend I received complimentary tickets from Yelp to attend A Moveable Feast, hosted by the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music.  I have been part of the Yelp Elite team for a few years now and have taken part in a number of activities hosted by Yelp. They have all been a blast!

I had never heard of this event before and couldn't find too many details online other than this is Cincinnati's premiere fundraiser event and it includes a broad sampling of art performances - and unlimited wine and appetizers! Well, that was about all I needed to know. :)

We headed out on Friday evening to begin our Feast adventure with some wine and initial appetizers of Roasted Potatoes, Blue Cheese & Caramelized Onion Cheesecake, and Vegetable Pinwheels.  The opening act was an exciting jazz performance of "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction." After the opening number, everyone was left to make their own itinerary to check out any performances and sample any appetizers they were interested in.  The Artistic Menu was our map for the course of the evening. Each performance was expected to be about 20 minutes long. 

We ended up having limited time because my brother arrived in town a little earlier than expected, but we started out with a couple of opera performances, stopping at the food booths for Penne Pasta and Garlic Bread and Indonesian Rice along the way.  We ended up staying put in the auditorium we were in to see the next performance, which was Ballet Dance.
I loved that this event offered the opportunity to sample these performances. I've always been interested in seeing both opera and ballet, and I learned that opera might not be ideal for me, but ballet could be a really fun performance to watch. There were many other acts including musical theatre, piano, drama, and chamber winds that we simply did not have time to see.

I was so preoccupied with the performances (and the wine), I had basically eaten all of the appetizers before I remembered that I might want to take a couple of pictures. So, I at least got one shot of the Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. 
This was our last bite, then we saw the Ariel Quartet for our final performance before it was time to head out. Quite a lively group of performers.
Thanks again to Yelp for the opportunity to attend this wonderful event! I really enjoyed sampling all of the food, beverages, and of course, the heartfelt performances.  

Here is a great video showcasing the variety of performances at the event. 

Comments

Popular Posts