October Disposables

I have seen this blog series where bloggers post about the products they have used up in a month's time. In my quest to try new things, well, I accumulate a lot of stuff. To be fair, I've narrowed down my monthly beauty subscriptions to one (GLOSSYBOX)! But I probably add at the very least a half-dozen products to my collection each month...and I'm a bit of a hoarder, so it isn't always easy for me to just randomly part with these items. Long story short, I decided to stockpile all of the products I used up in the month of October as a personal challenge. These are my "October Disposables" since not all of them were - or could be - emptied.


FACE PRODUCTS
1. I feel like I bought this face lotion forever ago. It was okay. It's a little pricey for the amount of product you get.
2. I bought this face mask [similar here] when we visited New Zealand a few years back. It's a peel-off mask, and I've used it for a while, but sometimes peeling it off is just downright painful and leaves my skin red for a while. Not worth it. :P
3. I originally reviewed this Vitamin C Serum here.
4. This is actually a fairly strong eye serum that I originally reviewed here. I primarily used it at night because it would leave white residue around my eyes if I was a bit too heavy-handed.
5. I used the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil as a pre-cleanse at the end of the day. The oil removed most of my make-up, but I still felt that following up with a face cleanser was necessary.
6. I received the My Konjac Sponge Bamboo Charcoal Facial Sponge to sample, but I didn't notice any substantial improvements. I wasn't sure how long this sponge could be reused, but after it had hung out in my shower for a few weeks, I decided I didn't want to risk any bacteria growth.

NAIL PRODUCTS
1. I loved the idea of a Matte top coat, so I had bought this one off eBay a while ago. I don't know if mine just sucked or what, but it never applied evenly and I don't ever use it, so it's about time to get rid of it.
2. I reviewed this 'Space Mystery' polish here, and I've since tried adding nail polish thinner, but it is still just a little too thick to easily work with.

HAND and BODY PRODUCTS
1. This exfoliating mitt came in my Spring FabFitFun box, reviewed here. After over 6 months of sporadic use, I think it's safe to say it's finally time to toss this. It was a good exfoliator, but it took a decent amount of effort to use.
2. Not the best hand cream I've ever tried, but it was okay.
3. This little slab is the remnants of some African Black Soap I had picked up at Target. I'd heard good things about this type of soap for oily skin. I think I would buy similar soap in the future.
4. Okay deodorant.
5. I kept this lotion on hand at work to smooth on near the end of the day for some sun protection on the way home.
6. This hand soap came in my April PopSugar Must Have box. I think I really like the Caldrea brand.

COSMETICS
1. This is the face brush that comes in the Bare Minerals kit that I had purchased many moons ago. I noticed it was kind of scratchy when I used it recently, so I finally decided to get rid of it.
2. This came in my March (2013!) Birchbox. Yeah, it was time to get rid of that.
3. I bought this purple Smoky Kohl eyeliner on sale at Sephora. It was much too purple to really use on its own - it just made your eyes look tired - and the formula wasn't very good either.

HAIR PRODUCTS
1. This Dove shampoo and conditioner set smelled nice, but the shampoo had kind of an odd texture.
2. I've been able to test several Adovia products, and this conditioner was one of the first I ever tried.
3. This is a fairly light hair oil with an herbal fragrance.
4. I picked up this Crabtree & Evelyn shampoo and conditioner duo at the Hilton hotel we were staying at in Beijing. I always think of C&E products as being too floral or herbal for my tastes, but I really enjoyed the fragrance of these.

There you have it - 21 products down (23 if you count shampoo and conditioner separately). I guess this is a rather timely series to start to make way for all the items on my Amazon Wish List, eh? ;-) Would I repurchase any of these? It's a little difficult for me to answer that question just because the heart of trying new things doesn't leave a lot of room for repeating old things. I'm not exactly the most brand-loyal customer. But I do appreciate good products! I think I would buy a cleansing oil in the future, but I'm not sure it would be the Shu Uemura brand. I liked the Caldrea brand - as I was typing this post, I went and added a couple Caldrea items to my Wish List. At least I've cleared out a little room, and I've already used up a couple of products for November. :)

Comments

Popular Posts