Chile & Antarctica, Day 1: Bienvenidos a Miami

I planned to work until the early afternoon before we headed out for our trip, but of course IT chose that day to randomly show up and install my second monitor...so I ended up working until 3:00 PM, which was later than I intended. Thankfully, we were flying directly out of CVG, the Greater Cincinnati airport, so we didn't have a very long drive. We're used to driving at least an hour or two to an airport for most of our trips.

We were there with enough time to sit down for dinner, so we sat down to eat at the Samuel Adams Pub.
At 6:00 PM, we boarded our American Airlines flight bound for Miami. 2.5 hours later, we collected our luggage and took a shuttle to the Days Inn. I had been half-miserable during our Asia trip because I was so jet-lagged, so I had searched long and hard to find a non-overnight flight to Chile. It made sense to crash in Miami for the night and pick up flying in the morning.

Unfortunately, this may have been the world's crummiest Days Inn. It was very run-down and smelled mildewy, and it didn't even include breakfast! The only thing it had going for it was a complimentary airport shuttle, which is why we booked it.  :-P

Comments

Popular Posts