Wednesday Weekend Recap - Mom's Birthday

Friday night, we headed downtown to try Huit Craft BBQ, which features Asian soul food. We started with a drink - I think it was called a Julis Ramos Fizz? Anyways, it was delicious, and it tasted like orange creamsicle. I did find the BBQ Tofu a little bland, but overall, it was a good visit.
We squeezed in a quick visit to O Pie O, even though we were pretty much stuffed. I was so excited to hear that it was finally open! I just love their Honey Vinegar pie.
My mom and brother arrived late that night, and Saturday we began our belated celebration of her birthday.  My mom had suggested going to Spring Grove Cemetery, which is pretty popular for a graveyard, so that was our first stop of the day after stuffing our faces with Francisco's homemade waffles and sharing a Starbucks Toasted Graham Latte with my mom.
We had all worked up an appetite by that point, and my mom professed that she wanted a cheeseburger, fries, and a milkshake. So, we made that happen with a trip to Red Robin, which is surprisingly high-tech these days! They have tablets for ordering at all the tables.
Afterwards, we made a quick stop at Cincinnati Premium Outlets to go to the Lindt Chocolate store so my mom could stock up on all the truffles she wanted.
After that, we had kind of a disappointing trip to Hidden Valley Fruit Farm to pick some apples.
We indulged in some cake and ice cream at home, and then my mom took advantage of it being her birthday to force me to play Phase 10 for hours. It's her favorite game.
Our last event of the weekend was heading out for the Ohio Renaissance Festival.
I think my mom really enjoyed the shows and we saw a lot of fun stuff.
It's always fun having company, but then it's like whew, where did the weekend go?! It's Wednesday, and I think I'm still tired from weekend fun!

Comments

Popular Posts