September 2015 Birchbox Review

You know my thoughts, Birchbox has just been outdoing themselves each and every month, and September was no exception.
September 2015 Birchbox Review
Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk - Natural Tint, $6.25 [$30.00 for 3.2 oz; sample size: 1.0 oz]
This isn't the first time I've tried this brand of dry shampoo through Birchbox [see previous box post], but the tint is new...although it really wasn't something I noticed after application. I like this dry shampoo because it features a forceful spray and a fresh scent and it doesn't weigh down my hair.
Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk - Natural Tint
ModelCo Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick - Kitty, $6.67 [$20.00 for Trio]
This lipstick glides on easily, and it was a nice, neutral color that really worked to enhance my natural lip color.
ModelCo Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick
PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Mousturing & Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner, $3.88 [$2.75+$1.13 (each $22.00 for 8 oz; sample sizes: 1 oz & 0.41 oz)]
First of all, I was pleased that Birchbox included both the shampoo and the conditioner even though the sizes were different (and I always need more conditioner). I thought the fragrance was a little strong, so that's something to consider if you have sensitivities. Overall, it seemed to work fine as far as cleansing my hair and not drying it out, but it seemed to leave my hair with little volume. And flat hair is no bueno.
PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Mousturing & Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner
POP Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow - Sugar Plum, $2.17 [$26.00 for full-size palette of 36 eyeshadows]
For some reason, I was fully expecting questionable quality, but I ending up really liking the Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Sugar Plum. The colors are kind of shimmery and decently long-lasting over primer. They come across a bit sheer, especially without primer, so they take a few layers to build up to that POP of color.
POP Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow - Sugar Plum
Wilma Schumann Skin Care Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads, $3.60 [$18.00 for 5]
You apply these pads to the skin around your eyes, but I really didn't notice any difference. There was some sliding after application, so I had to keep pushing them back up and into place.
Wilma Schumann Skin Care Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads
Total Value: $22.57
I am just loving the design of the boxes Birchbox has been sending out lately!
If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, please sign up using this link.

Details: Birchbox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five beauty products.  The box retails for $10 per month, and you can earn points by posting reviews of the products you received that you can use on future purchases.  

Comments

Popular Posts