December 2015 Birchbox Review

I loved the box aesthetic, but sadly, I was not impressed by the contents this month. I think you just tend to expect *more* from subscription boxes when it's Christmas.
December 2015 Birchbox Review
Beauty Protector Protect & Oil, ? [$25.95 for 4 oz]
This hair oil was my favorite product in the box. It smells realllly good. It's a thick oil, so it might have been helpful to include a dropper with this sample.
Beauty Protector Protect & Oil
Coastal Scents styleEYES Eye Shadow Palette - formalEYES, $3.00 [$12.00 for 8 shadows; sample size: 2 shadows]
I decided not to use these eye shadows - they're not really my preferred colors, and I can think of someone else who might appreciate this mini palette better.
Coastal Scents styleEYES Eye Shadow Palette - formalEYES
Kopari Coconut Sheer Oil, $11.18 [$38.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.5 oz]
This coconut oil smells more like play-doh rather than coconut. I've tried it on my hair as a conditioning treatment. The consistency of it is a little weird - it has some small solid chunks of the oil even when it's stored at room temperature. It's definitely not something I would repurchase.
Kopari Coconut Sheer Oil
Serge Normant Dream Big Instant Volumizing Spray, $10.00 [$25.00 for 4.5 oz, sample size: 1.8 oz]
This hair spray smells nice, and it does seem to add thickness to my air. The only drawback is that it makes it hard to run your fingers through afterwards.
Serge Normant Dream Big Instant Volumizing Spray
Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream, $1.28 [$16.00 for 1.25 oz;sample size: 0.1 oz]
This skin cream smells kind of like Vicks. It was okay, but the size was really small, so it was hard to tell how moisturizing it really was.
Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream
Total Value: >$25.46
This Birchbox seemed a bit uninspired, but I promise - they are usually much better than this!  If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, please sign up using this link.

Details: Birchbox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five beauty products.  The box retails for $10 per month, and you can earn points by posting reviews of the products you received that you can use on future purchases.  

Comments

Popular Posts