I pretty much just bypassed any celebration of Valentine's Day this year. Last week was a bad week. I think I slept in an awkward position or something that previous weekend, and I'd spent most of Sunday on the couch with a heating pad. On Monday morning, I was definitely feeling some pain. And then a sudden wave of nausea accompanied with lightheadedness, stomach discomfort, clamminess, and weakness. I was like 'wth, am I having another heart episode?' It was weird because my heart rate hadn't felt particularly fast or erratic leading up to it, but I guess that isn't necessarily a precursor. I went to the restroom and called Francisco and told him what had just happened. I was feeling really weak and trying to figure out what I should do. I decided I should just go home because I felt so weak and knew these episodes tend to leave me feeling drained. I went to tell my boss and one look at me, and she could tell I wasn't doing so well, so she had Colleen walk me downstairs and out to the car where Francisco was waiting for me. Good thing we had ridden in together that morning due to the snow.  

Francisco brought the TV into the bedroom for me, and I spent the rest of the afternoon in bed. On Tuesday, I went into work in the morning because I had a budget meeting with my boss, but I was out of there by noon again. I'm not sure how I even made it really because I was on the floor in tears that morning because I had literally fallen gotten down on the floor to stretch and couldn't get up.Yeah, it sucked.

Since we've been thinking about getting a new mattress for a while, we decided to just buy a memory foam mattress topper and I also picked up this Icy Hot SmartRelief TENS Therapy product. Apparently, this is the same technology used by doctors, and it uses electrodes to relieve pain. It feels kind of weird, and I'm not 100% sure it was effective, but I liked using it. Although a couple days later, even with fresh batteries, it wasn't staying on for as long as it should have been.

I made it through most of the work days on Wednesday and Friday, but Thursday I ended up going home early again because the alternative was sitting in a retreat for a half day, which I knew would murder my back.

Which brings us to the weekend where I didn't do anything but try to recuperate. We basically left the TV in the bedroom all week, which is something that we never do.  Francisco ran out in the morning to get Holtman's since we weren't planning on going anywhere.
Sunday I hobbled my way to the kitchen and baked him some Valentine's cookies.
That was about the extent of my Valentine's cheer - I was very disappointed in myself. Thank goodness for Francisco. He drove me to and from work for half the week - even when that meant he drove me home in the middle of the day and then went back to work himself. He made Target runs for me, and even helped me put my pants on at times.

I think just maybe that was the worst pain I've ever experienced. I don't want to jinx it, but I would probably still take a back ache over a migraine, just because of how overall debilitating a migraine is to your quality of life, but I felt so useless not being able to move easily and efficiently.  


Popular Posts