Valentia Hydration Mask & Eye Cream

Product: Recently I had the opportunity to trial both the Ultra Plumping Hydration Mask as well as the True Glow Eye Cream by Valentia. The vitamin rich mask is designed to "boost collagen production, increase skin radiance, reduce fine lines, lock in skin moisture, and reveal softer, smoother skin".  It features "a blend of amino acids and hyaluronic acid that work together to flood the skin with moisture providing intense hydration and nourishment."  The eye cream is designed to "diminish fine lines and wrinkles, nourish and hydrate, tighten the under eye area, brighten dark circles, and reduce puffiness."

Use: I used the mask a couple of times on the weekend - my normal face mask day is Sunday.  The product looks a bit strange - like a fatty substance or butterscotch pudding, and it has an artificially sweet smell that reminds me of scented markers I used to use in elementary school. [You know what I'm talking about!] I let it sit on my skin for 30 minutes, and it felt somewhat sticky by the end of this time and it had dried to leave a faint orange tint. I rinsed the mask off in the shower, and a washcloth is definitely necessary to make sure this is thoroughly removed.
The eye cream had an inefficient pump, and more than a couple times, excess product would squirt beyond my hands and onto the counter. It has a light fragrance, and I would describe it as a apricot-colored medium weight serum. I used it both in the morning before applying make-up and in the evening after cleansing skin. Make-up application over the cream was mostly smooth.
Verdict: Honestly, I wasn't impressed by either of these products. I think the mask was too heavy for my skin type, and I feel like it lead to a few increased breakouts. I didn't have any ill effects from using the eye cream, but generally, I am looking for a product with greater potency (i.e. retinol).

Powered by Brandbacker.

Comments

Popular Posts