Christmas 2016 (What I Got)

As I mentioned in my last post, Christmas Day was weird this year in that it was our first time celebrating just the two of us.
Francisco was up for a little while before I woke up for the day. We both pulled out our presents to each other and loaded up the tree, then had our Christmas morning coffee.
Christmas was light this year. We realized that we need to be saving more money at this point in our lives, and as much as we *want* to buy each other a ton of stuff for Christmas, there's nothing that we really *need*. That said, we still had a good many presents for each other; we just tried to be more thoughtful about what we were spending money on.
This was the fastest present-opening session we've ever had.
I essentially sorted everything by room to make things easier. Everything below is for me from Francisco unless otherwise noted.
LIVING ROOM
1. New cat scratcher for the boys
2. Just Dance 2017 from my brother
BATHROOM
1. 2 new bath towels from Macy's
2. Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland & miscellaneous Sephora samples
3. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eye Shadow Palette
4. Living Proof hair treatment from my brother
5. Beauty Blender
6. Clinique Makeup Remover
7. Tarte Foundation Brush [I may have nudged Francisco to check out Sephora's VIB sale this year. ;)]
8. Shower Caddy for Francisco's bathroom
BEDROOM
1. I tried to block out the spillover from the bathroom and kitchen, but on top are socks for Francisco from Bombas and Richer Poorer.
2. Fitbit Charge 2 - mine had outright broken (some kind of software failure) and it wouldn't sync up or hold a charge. I went back to using my previous one, but that one has been superglued and the band was warped pretty bad.  As much as I didn't want to spend the money for a new one, Francisco knew that I really valued having it. :)
3. Three pairs of Richer Poorer underwear for Francisco - his favorite lol.
4. Cat necklace [returning]
5. Black sweater from my brother
6. American Eagle pajamas [I received two sets, but we returned the tops]
7. Two button-downs and one sweater for Francisco [we returned the sweater]
KITCHEN [try to ignore all the awkwardness of this photo]
1. KuKuRuZa Gourmet Popcorn sampler for Francisco. I was so excited to actually find another popcorn brand that he enjoyed - he had developed a strong preference for Popcornopolis only.  
2. Ninja food processor for Francisco. He actually just used it for the first time this morning, and he reported that he really liked it!
3. Star Wars measuring cups for Francisco from my brother.
4. Kate Spade Tumbler
5. Wolferman's English Muffins - I got Francisco well-stocked on his favorite breakfast bread.
6. Starbucks Hot Cocoa
7.  Lunchbot from my brother
8. Foam roller for Francisco. Admittedly, I was looking forward to trying this, too - supposed to be great for sore muscles and back pain!
While I don't have pictures of everything, below are some of the items I received the weekend prior. My mother-in-law got me a bracelet, some cute leg warmers, a hair brush, and a vest.  My brother-in-law got me and Francisco a box of items from Transit Tees, a store he is heavily involved with in Chicago. This included 2 mugs and a pennant. They have super-cute stuff in their store, and it's all Chicago-themed [click here to check them out.]
But that was the extent of our Christmas. We spent the majority of it on the couch together, being super lazy - just like these 2 guys!
I had to work the next day, but it was an easy week overall. My lunchtime walk was extra enjoyable given that the high the day after Christmas climbed up to 72 degrees!

Comments

  1. Wow!! lots of gifts.. Lucky you. I have tried popcorns by Kukuruza but love popcorns a lot by Thatchers Gourmet Popcorn . Try it. I am sure your husband will going to love it.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts