January 2017 Play! by Sephora Review

January 2017 Play! by Sephora Review
I know that in my effort to save money, I should probably cancel all my subscription boxes, but I just don't think I'm ready to part ways with Sephora yet lol...
tarte Frxxxtion Stick, $4.84 [$22.00 for 1 oz; sample size: 0.22 oz]
I really liked the convenience of using this exfoliating product. You can swipe directly onto damp skin and then massage in with your fingertips. However, I'm concerned that this design would enable the spread of bacteria since you're pressing directly to your skin. Also, after use, the stick was a bit messy and slimy, so I left the top off to let it air dry.
tarte Frxxxtion Stick
Ouai Treatment Masque, $6.67 [$32.00 for 2.4 oz; sample size: 0.5 oz]
I applied this hair mask twice - once in the AM before working out on a weekend day and once after work. This is supposed to be left in your hair for 5 - 10 minutes, but I probably left it in for an hour or more before rinsing out.  It has a rich, perfumed fragrance that was pleasant overall, and my hair felt fairly smooth as it was rinsed out. I did still feel the need to add in some additional conditioner in the shower after my second use.
Ouai Treatment Masque
Tory Burch Love Relentlessly, $2.53 [$86.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.05 oz]
This is a very feminine scent with definite floral notes, which isn't usually my cup of tea, but overall, I rather liked it. It was a decently long-lasting fragrance, too. My husband commented that I smelled good even after a long day of work!
Tory Burch Love Relentlessly
Youth to the People Kale + Spinach + Hyaluronic Acid Age Prevention Cream, $? [$48.00 for 2 oz]
This was a really lightweight face cream, so I could see it being more ideal for warmer weather. It has a clean, fresh fragrance, and it easily absorbs into skin without feeling greasy.
Youth to the People Kale + Spinach + Hyaluronic Acid Age Prevention Cream
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, $? [$17.00 for 0.07 oz]
I was disappointed when I first opened this box, and I saw what appeared to be an unwearable dark red shade of lipstick. Ah, a lesson in not pre-judging before trying something. I loved this. Seriously. While I thought it was super dark, it actually applies as a sheer yet deep color with a glossy finish. It's so easy to smooth on, and you can layer it for deeper color pay-off.
Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+, $5.71 [$60.00 for 1.05 oz; sample size: 0.1 oz]
This is a CC cream that provides coverage lighter than a typical foundation, and it came with two different shades.  I don't think this is a great product for oily skin, but I can see its appeal if it works with your skin type. I found it slow to apply with the included cushion, but you could use a beauty blender for faster coverage.  I used the darker color to contour, but I think I prefer a powder over a cream product for this purpose.
AmorePacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+
Total Value: >$19.75

Details: Play! by Sephora is a beauty subscription service that features a curation of five deluxe samples plus a bonus fragrance in a collectible bag. The monthly cost is $10.00 + tax. Each box also includes a Play! Pass that you can use to receive 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any in-store purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts