January 2017 GLOSSYBOX Review

January 2017 GLOSSYBOX Review
This was a mistake. A big, fat mistake. I legit thought I unsubscribed.  I'm pretty sure I know what happened. When I went to cancel my subscription, it took me to this page
which I did not read thoroughly and it hadn't fully loaded to show the confirm cancellation at the bottom. So, I prematurely closed the page, and then was surprised to see a $21.00 charge hit my account a week or so later. I contacted customer service and PayPal to see if I could get a refund, but alas, I ended up with a GLOSSYBOX in the mail and not $21.00 back in my PayPal account. That said, I didn't totally hate this month's box, so that's an upside. And I'm definitely DEFINITELY unsubscribed now (I just double-checked to make sure).
January 2017 GLOSSYBOX Review
La Theorie des Volcans Noir Eternae Youth Potion Face Scrub, $32.00 [1 oz]
This face exfoliating product dispenses as a light pink/purple cream that turns gray as you apply to your face. I let it sit for a couple minutes before massaging in and rinsing.
La Theorie des Volcans Noir Eternae Youth Potion Face Scrub
Daily Concepts Exfoliating Body Scrubber, $5.00
This was a decent body exoliator. There is a gentle side that can be used on your face and a coarser side for your body; however, I don't think I like the idea of sharing a scrubber between my face and body.  The key benefit of a product like this for me is you can just use your normal body wash product instead of a specific additional exfoliating product.
oOlution Eye Love, $37.00 [0.5 oz]
This eye cream absorbs easily. I don't know if it was just my imagination - or maybe I've been sleeping better - but it did seem like my under-eye circles were less noticeable.  While it wasn't the worst I've experienced, I did find that my foundation/concealer did not sit well over this product and it would start to cake up a bit.
oOlution Eye Love
Universal Beauty Cosmetics Secret Flush, $20.00
My biggest problem with this blusher and lip stain duo is that it didn't seem to sit well on top of my foundation when applied to my cheeks. I tried applying directly to my cheeks, but I don't think this was the best method. My preferred method was to apply to my fingers and blend onto my cheeks.  I also used this on my lips as a lip color, which provided a nice peach pop of color with a slight metallic quality.  I don't think the color looked great on my lips up close, but it seemed okay at a distance.
Universal Beauty Cosmetics Secret Flush
AG Hair Cleansing Cream Foam-Free Hair Wash, $4.00 [$24.00 for 12 oz; sample size: 2 oz]
So, basically this is a high-end 2-in-1 Shampoo/Conditioner? It has a bit of a menthol smell to it - bonus if you have clogged sinuses!   I did find that it leaves a bit of residue in my roots, so it's not something I would apply all over from roots to tips. It's probably better for normal hair, less so if you are prone to oily strands.
AG Hair Cleansing Cream Foam-Free Hair Wash
Total Value: $98.00
If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please sign up using this link.

When all was said and done, I didn't hate this month's box. There were a number of full-sized products, and I tried some things I wouldn't normally reach for on my own.  However, I meant to cancel this box before January in an effort to save some money. I've cancelled for now, but I doubt that I'm gone for good.  I have 840 Glossydots, so I'm less than 2 boxes away from getting a freebie. I'll probably keep my eye out for a good re-subscribe deal a couple months down the line.  

Details: Glossybox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five deluxe-sized beauty products.  The box itself retails for $21 per month.  They provide good presentation with high-quality brands bundled in a a sturdy box! 

Comments

Popular Posts