Ulta Beauty Try Me Love Your Skin Collection, Part II

There were two Ulta Beauty Try Me Love Your Skin Collections available.  I reviewed the first one here.  The second collection I purchased was originally priced at $30 for a $71 value, but I happened to buy it when it was on sale for $15.  Check out the items + a brief review below!
Ulta Beauty Try Me Love Your Skin Collection
1//Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, $16.00 [Travel-size = 0.45 oz]
I've tried this before as part of the December 2013 Sample Society box. It's a white powder that forms a gritty white paste when mixed with water and provides gentle exfoliation.

2// Skyn Iceland Blemish Dots with Salicylic Acid, $5.00 [$20.00 for 48-ct; sample size: 12-ct]
I was excited to try these as they seemed like one of the more novel products in the box, but I didn't really notice any results.

3// Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate, $17.00 [$85.00 for 0.5 oz; sample size: 0.1 oz]
This eye treatment has a slightly perfumed fragrance, and it smoothed on easily.

4// First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration, $5.00 [$30.00 for 6 oz; sample size: 1 oz]
This moisturizer had previously come in the Sephora Favorites Skin Wonderland box. It's a thick cream that's not heavy. It's formulated for use on both your face and body, but I stick to using it on just my body.

5// Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar Moisturizer, $4.88 [$39.00 for 2 oz; sample size: 0.25 oz]
I thought I had tried this before, but I think it's been reformulated. I received a sample of Philosophy Hope in a Jar in the January 2014 Sample Society box, but I didn't like the way it smelled one bit. The Ulta sample smelled much better than the original in that it really just had a neutral fragrance. It felt moisturizing without being heavy.

6// DERMAdoctor Kakadu C Intensive Peel Pads, $7.80 [$78.00 for 30-ct; sample size: 3-ct]
I expected these to smell a bit chemically, but they honestly smelled good for what they are. They're appropriately saturated for single-use application. I left the product on my face for 3 minutes before rinsing.

7// Origins Ginzing Energy Boosting Gel Moisturizer, $8.38 [$28.50 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.5 oz]
This smells soooo orangey! If you love the smell of citrus, you'll love the way this smells.  I used this as well as the Proactiv product below with the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing, and these products did not work well together. The primer would just pill up.

8// Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer, $4.40 [$40.00 for 3 oz, sample size: 0.33 oz]
This had a fresh, green fragrance and worked well as a lightweight moisturizer. As noted above, it didn't pair well with the Smashbox primer I was using.

9// Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, $2.67[$16.00 for 6 oz; sample size: 1 oz]
This is actually a glycolic acid-based exfoliating cleanser. It lathers easily and has a light, green fragrance that leans a bit "cleaning spray"-scented.  It does leave skin feeling a little tight and dry.

TOTAL VALUE: $71.13
Spot-on with the box valuation. Great value for the $15 I paid - the brand and product selection is great!

Life// Unknown is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Comments

Popular Posts