Influenster #BlossomVoxBox

The Blossom Voxbox from Influenster featured everything from healthy snacks to amazing make-up to make your spring all come together perfectly.
First up, we have two bags of Beanitos [$3.49], a healthy snack made from whole beans. I've tried the Original Black Bean with Sea Salt flavor, and I found it a bit bland. I'm betting the Chipotle BBQ will be much more flavorful.
This bottle of Clairol Hair Food Root Cleansing Shampoo Infused with Strawberry Ginger Fragrance [$9.99] deeply cleanses hair to remove build-up. I try to use a deep-conditioner twice a week, so I've been using this shampoo on those days. The fragrance is light but pleasant, and it works well as a shampoo.
I received two packages of Bear Naked granola [$2.10]. I tried the Sea Salt Caramel Apple flavor as a snack at work, and it was tasty. The sweet and tart pairing is very interesting. I am betting the Coconut Almond Curry will be tasty as well!  @LiveBearNaked @Influenster #LiveBearNaked #contest
Nasoya Pasta Zero Noodles [$2.29] are the most intriguing product that came in the box. These are traditional Japanese shirataki noodles that have only 15 calories and 4 grams of carbs per serving. We haven't yet figured out what to make with this pasta, and we may just end up making some spaghetti with meatballs this week.
So far, this NYC New York Color City Proof 24HR Eye Shadow [$2.99] has ended up being the most disappointing product in the box.  I applied it over primer, and there was some dragging while applying, so not the smoothest application. I thought the color would be a nice neutral, but it ended up being a gray-brown. It has an almost sticky feel later in the day, and it would start to get a bit flaky. I did find that application was a little smoother without primer. The biggest benefit is that there is no fall-out with this type of product, so any clean-up after make-up application is minimized. #NYCCityProof
From looking at the bottle, I thought this Equitance Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 36 [$30.00] would be like a tinted sunscreen, but it dispenses as a watery white sunscreen lotion. It also works as a primer, so it's always nice to have products with multiple purposes - one less step when you're getting ready for the day! And whoa, $30! - I had to double-check whether that was for a larger bottle, but no, this fairly small bottle retails for this much on its own!
Finally, the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs [$2.62] Leg Makeup was a little intimidating. I wasn't sure what to expect. I tried it on a day we were going hiking, and it lasted through the entire day. You have to be sure to blend it in thoroughly for even coverage. I don't imagine I would use it on a regular basis, but it might be nice for more special occasions.
A big thanks to Influenster for giving me the opportunity to try all of these products!

Comments

Popular Posts