June 2015 Glossybox Review

As you may have saw in my May Disposables post, I didn't receive my May GLOSSYBOX; for some reason, it was returned to sender, and customer service offered to either refund my money or send it back once they received it. I didn't feel like waiting, so I just took the refund. I found this month's box kind of lackluster, so maybe I really missed out not receiving last month's!
Nexxus New York Salon Care Color Assure Restoring Conditioner, $10.70 [$16.99 for 13.5 oz; sample size: 8.5 oz]
My pet peeve is shampoo samples without an accompanying conditioner, but I don't so much mind the lone conditioner. I go through the stuff much faster than shampoo any day. This particular conditioner had a clean, floral fragrance and it left my hair feeling soft.
Orly Nail Lacquer, $2.55 [$8.50 for 0.6 oz; sample size: 0.18 oz]
I received this nail polish in the shade Red Flare. Normally, I would be much more excited about nail polish, but this doesn't scream summer to me, and I've really slacked off on painting my nails just cuz' I've been busy doing other fun stuff. :)
Too Faced Cosmetics Better Than Sex Mascara, $14.48 [$23.00 for 0.27 oz; sample: 0.17 oz]
I opted not to use this mascara and instead save it for a later date. On top of my existing stockpile, I'm also involved in a product testing for mascara, so ya, mascara up the wazoo right now.
Etre Belle Cosmetics Aloe Vera Ultra Moisturizing Gel, $24.95 [Full-size]
This moisturizing gel smells luxurious. It applies a bit sticky but dries matte.

City Cosmetics City Lips in Clear, $35.00 [Full-size]
This clear gloss smells vaguely of vanilla, but I found it to be too sticky. If I never had any hair that fell in my face, that wouldn't be an issue, but I hate it when my hair sticks to my lips. That's unfortunate because I was excited to receive a gloss rather than lipstick for a change, plus it was nice that it's plumping.  

Total Value: $87.68
If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please sign up using this link.

Details: Glossybox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five deluxe-sized beauty products.  The box itself retails for $21 per month, but you can subscribe to a plan that bills you every three, six, or twelve months, which brings the monthly cost down to $20, $19.17, or $18.33, respectively.  They provide the best presentation I have seen in a monthly subscription service with high-quality brands bundled in a a sturdy box! 

Comments

Popular Posts