A Day at the Fair

Turns out we missed the Ohio State Fair, but we thought we should at least check out our local Hamilton County Fair.We came ready to chow down!  But we weren't thrilled with the food selection. We ended up having a Lemonade Shake-Up, Smoked Mac N Cheese, and a Deep-Fried Milky Way Bar.

Pretty much as soon as we got there, I overheard "big cats", so we went to check out the show with lions and tigers. 

None of the fair rides actually looked appealing, so we mostly just ended up checking out the animals. Which is okay by me!  I love animals.  
I took a ton of pictures of the poultry area. I don't know why, but I seem more fascinated by birds lately. 

 
It was a hot day, so we decided to go find somewhere else to eat and bid farewell to the Fair.  I hope to check out the State Fair next year. Those always seem to have more going on. 

We stopped for some crepes at Buona Terra. One of the co-owners had offered me a free meal on my next visit since the first visit was unduly disappointing. 

We drove around town a little bit and stumbled across this Mushroom House.  This was an ordinary house bought by Terry Brown, a professor of Architecture and Interior Design at the University of Cincinnati, who remodeled it with the help of his students. It's very interesting looking!





Comments

Popular Posts