BzzAgent Concannon Wine

This is one massive bottle of wine!

concannon
I picked this up at Kroger on Saturday. I was hoping to get Moscato, but I checked two different Krogers, and this was starting to feel like a wild goose chase, so Chardonnay it was!  It was on sale for $7.99, and BzzAgent had provided me with an $8 mail-in rebate form in exchange for my review, so it only ended up costing me sales tax.

I put in the fridge to chill while we got dinner ready then poured a glass to enjoy on the deck.  Now I didn't like it too much at first - I'm much more partial to sweet wines.  

concannon

But I gave it a fair shot.

For dinner, we grilled up some kebabs with fresh veggies, tofu, and chicken-less strips along with Grilled Romaine Salad with Tomato and Corn Tumble. I am usually not a big salad person, but I am discovering that homemade dressing can make all the difference.  Paired with the meal fresh off the grill, I definitely enjoyed the Chardonnay better. I will include the recipe below.  


Grilled Romaine Salad with Tomato and Corn Tumble Recipe:


Ingredients
  • 2 ears fresh sweet corn
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
  • 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
  • 1 cup grape and/or pear tomatoes, quartered
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions
 
1. Place corn with husks and silks intact in a large bowl. Add enough cold water to cover. Let soak for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, for garlic-chive vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the vinegar, mustard, garlic, and chives. Cover and shake well; set aside.
3. Brush the romaine with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside. For a charcoal grill, grill corn on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 25 to 30 minutes or until kernels are tender, turning once and rearranging ears occasionally. Grill romaine, cut sides down, directly over medium coals for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly charred and wilted.
4. Place a romaine heart half on each of 4 salad plates. Remove corn husks and silks from ears. Cut kernels from cobs. In a medium bowl combine corn kernels and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. Drizzle romaine with the remaining vinaigrette. Spoon the corn and tomato mixture over romaine halves. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cheese.

Comments

Popular Posts