May 2014 Glossybox Review

Glossybox is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly box with ~five deluxe-sized beauty products.  The box itself retails for $21 per month, but you can subscribe to a plan that bills you every three, six, or twelve months, which brings the monthly cost down to $20, $19.17, or $18.33, respectively.  They provide the best presentation I have seen in a monthly subscription service with high-quality brands bundled in a a gorgeous, high-quality box! If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please let me know and I will send you a personal invitation.
For May's box, the company partnered with Bergdorf Goodman, one of the most exclusive department stores in the world. They also included a $25 gift card, but I was so busy with our recent move, that I missed the expiration date for using the gift card. :( Nevertheless, I still enjoyed sampling these luxurious products from some of the best beauty brands. I've gotta say, Glossybox has seriously jumped to my #1 preferred subscription. Even though they seem to take forever to ship their boxes! I didn't receive my May box until the VERY end of the month, but hey, better late than never!
I went outside on the deck at our old house to take my pictures, and there was a deer in the yard, paying very close attention to me. So cute! She was out there basically the entire time. I definitely miss that about the old place - it was a rare week when you didn't spot deer outside.
ALTERNA HAIRCARE Caviar CC Cream, Sample Value: $8.50 [$25.00 for 2.5 oz; sample size: 0.85 oz]
This product was actually featured in my March Sample Society box earlier this year. When I sampled it then, I didn't think it was stupendous, but having tried it again this time around, I've enjoyed using it more. I've mostly been applying it to damp hair in the morning before twisting it up into a bun. This helps to smooth my hair while still keeping some natural texture. It's a fairly light hold, so it's good as a first step for layering products as well.
ATELIER COLOGNE (Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue), $9.88 [$140.00 for 3.4 oz; sample size: 0.24 oz]
Overall, I was kind of torn as to whether I liked this fragrance or not. It's kind of floral with a hint of spice.
KEVYN AUCOIN (The Curling Mascara), $28.00 [Full-size]
This is one of the best mascaras I've tried recently. It's rather liquidy but that helps it to go on very smoothly. It provides good definition, but it's not waterproof, so it kind of clumps off as you wash your face at the end of the day. I compared it to two other mascaras I had sitting in my make-up drawer, and I liked it SO much better than them, that I finally ended up just tossing those two.
LANCER SKINCARE (Lift Serum Intense), $55.65 [$275.00 for 0.84 oz; sample size: 0.17 oz]
THAT is a crazy expensive sample, but that is because it uses pure gold and Stem Cell Recovery Complex to lead to smoother, firmer, and younger-looking skin. You can definitely see the little flecks of gold in the serum after you dispense it.  Application was really smooth.
NAPOLEON PERDIS (Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer), $13.24 [$45.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: 0.5 oz]
This primer glides on smoothly with a lightly floral fragrance. I believe some reviewers likened it to a "grandmotherly" fragrance, and I can see that. The good news is that the smell doesn't linger long after application. This isn't my favorite primer, especially for summertime, as I would prefer something to help keep your skin more matte.
REVIVE SKINCARE (Intensite Volumizing Eye Serum), $70.00 [$350.00 for 0.5 oz; sample size: 0.1 oz]
Yet another super-high-value sample! But what would you expect with a Bergdorf Goodman collaboration? The advanced formula of this serum helps visibly plump, rebuild, and re-contour the delicate eye area. Application was really smooth, and there was no noticeable fragrance. This was a pump bottle, and I felt that one pump produced more product than was necessary.
Total Value: $185.27 ($210 if I'd been able to use the gift card in time!)
That is an amazing value considering I only paid $20.00 for this box. I am really loving Glossybox, and I only wish they shipped a little earlier in the month. Beautiful presentation (which goes a long way in my book) and an assortment of great brands.  If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox, please let me know and I will send you a personal invitation.

Comments

Popular Posts