May 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

May 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly Glam Bag with about 5 deluxe samples or full-sized products. The Glam Bag costs $10 monthly, and I have gotten some great values with this subscription - we're talking a value of greater than five times the cost! Please use this referral link if you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy.
May 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag
Fresh Picks
Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo, $7.00 [$14.00 for 4 shades; sample size: 2 shades]
I received Duo #1, which features Celestial and Opal, which are two of the colors in the Mystical Supernatural Eye Shadow Palette.  These are coconut infused mineral eye shadows, and the ipsy exclusive duos come packaged in a travel-ready recyclable container. While application was very smooth, the colors are fairly light.  A primer made a huge difference - the LA SPLASH Eyeshadow Base that came in my April Glossybox worked perfectly for this!
Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo
Avene Thermal Spring Water, $2.99 [$18.00 for 10.58 oz; sample size: 1.76 oz]
Made in France, this is the only thermal spring water bottled directly from the source and packaged in a sterile environment. It is formulated to soothe inflammation, itching, redness, and general sensitivity. The directions are to spray onto face or other desired area, and leave on for 2-3 minutes, then gently pat dry.  It can be used after cleansing, shaving, exercise, sun, to soothe diaper rash, and to set make-up.

I feel like all that is said to justify why someone is buying a spray can of water.  :-P I find it a bit awkward to spritz yourself in the face, although I can see where it might be useful to be used during flying as a refresher and to add moisture. Of course, you only have limited space for liquids on a flight, and I probably wouldn't waste it on this.
Avene Thermal Spring Water
Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask, $7.00 [$35.00 for 50 ml; sample size: 10 ml]
I wasn't exactly sure what to do with this when I first received it because there were no instructions included. I ended up going to ipsy's website to figure it out. You apply a light moisturizer, then a thin layer of the mask, let the mask dry for about 15-20 minutes, peel off, and then reapply a light moisturizer. Interesting process.

It claims to instantly renew skin, helping to promote a smooth and clear complexion. It moisturizes with honey extract and brightens with the exfoliating power of Alpha Hydroxy Acids. I used it once since receiving it, and I thought it was an okay mask.
Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask
Jersey Shore Sun Sans Tan Anti-Aging Sunscreen, $7.50 [$15.00 for 2 travel-size]
While I appreciate the SPF 35 and broad spectrum protection, this product dispenses as a thick, white cream and it takes forever to absorb into skin. I'm impatient, so I kept leaving white chalky fingerprints on everything as it hadn't fully absorbed yet.  I would prefer a sunscreen that absorbs more quickly and efficiently.
Jersey Shore Sun Sans Tan Anti-Aging Sunscreen
Pur~lisse pur~moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer, $16.18 [$55.00 for 1.7 oz; sample size: .5 oz]
This face moisturizer was of medium consistency with a vaguely floral scent. To me, it seemed like a light-medium moisturizer, not terribly heavy at all. No SPF, so it would be good for evenings.
Pur~lisse pur~moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer

Total Value >$40.67
Sorry my pics suck this month, guys! I didn't realize how bad the lighting was as I was taking them. :(
Are you interested in getting your own monthly Glam Bag?  Please use this referral link if you decide to check out Ipsy.

Comments

Popular Posts