2017 In Review

We began January 2017 with a theme of frugality. Somehow, we managed to abstain from going out to eat for the entire first month of the year!  Of course, our favorite self-made holiday, 7 Continents Day, occurs in January where we feast on food from a selection of all the countries that we visited.
February brought the sad news that my grandmother had passed away. We went up to Chicago to spend time with my family before the service.
Francisco started a new job as an Electrical Engineer at A&P Technology in March. Happy to say that all these months later, he still absolutely loves his job and delights in telling me how many dogs his co-workers brought to work each day.  He proudly sent me this article recently, Where the art and science of braiding meet, which offers a rare glimpse behind A&P's closed doors.
My parents came down for their only visit all year in April, and we had an enjoyable visit celebrating Easter together.
In May, I posted my first vlog to my YouTube channel! I've been vlogging for a little over half a year now, and it's been fun - but it's definitely taken a fair amount of time and effort as well!
I always look forward to June because it's my birthday month. The highlight was definitely a game date night out at The Rook.
We took a day trip up to Put-in-Bay the first weekend of July.
We drove to Columbus to visit the Ohio State Fair in August - I had won free passes woohoo!
We even had a solar eclipse!
September could have just been known as the month of camera testing as we evaluated the Sony a5100 vs. the Canon G7 X Mark II.
At the very end of the month and through the first week and a half of October, we headed to Paris and Iceland for one of the most amazing trips we've ever taken! I've been very busy, so I don't have the entire trip summarized yet, but you can check out the posts below as well as the YouTube video playlist that I will continue to add posted videos to [linked here]:
WHAT NOT TO WEAR [AIRPORT EDITION]// PARIS & ICELAND, DAY 0 
HOW TO SEE THE NORTHERN LIGHTS WHILE FLYING TO ICELAND
PARIS, WE'VE ARRIVED// PARIS & ICELAND, DAY 1
We checked out the Festival of Lights at the zoo in November.
Traveling north for our last trip home of the year, we had an absolutely lovely Thanksgiving with Francisco's family.
We rounded out the year with a whole lot of not much in December, including a quiet Christmas and New Year's at home.  However, I was so pleased that we did finally have my childhood Christmas videos converted to DVDs. I got some videos edited and shared with family, but I still have more work to do for this project!
2017, that's a wrap - this should be my last blog post on the subject..only 22 23 days into the New Year lol.  If you haven't yet, subscribe to my YouTube channel here so you don't miss a video!

Comments

Popular Posts