Sephora The Great Cleanse

Sephora The Great Cleanse
A few months ago, I had picked up The Great Cleanse - part of the Sephora Favorites collection. I'm not sure how often they change up their collections, but right now they have a good variety to choose from. Given my love of trying new things, these are basically perfect for me.  Anyways, I had set out to do a review of this collection literally months ago, so better late than never.
Sephora The Great Cleanse
To start off with, this is neatly packaged with a selection of makeup removers, cleansers, and treatments. I tried to test each product over the course of a week.
MAKEUP REMOVERS
Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover, Caudalie Make-Up Remover Cleansing Water, Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil, NUDE Skincare Perfect Cleanse Nourishing Cleansing Oil
Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover, $7.00
This eye make-up remover is unscented, and I thought it was okay. Just a touch lifted off eye shadow, but mascara takes more effort.

Caudalie Make-Up Remover Cleansing Water, $14.00
This cleansing water has a fresh fragrance. I didn't find it that effective for removing a whole face of makeup, but it's good for an after face wash spot-check. It also was perfect for cleaning up eye shadow fall-out post-application.  

Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil, $10.00
With a light, fresh fragrance, this cleansing oil removed make-up fairly easily, but mascara required more effort or a second pass with a more concentrated remover.

NUDE Skincare Perfect Cleanse Nourishing Cleansing Oil, $5.29
This was a light oil, so I felt like I needed 3-4 pumps for it to be enough to remove all my makeup. Since it was light, it was a little harder to work in than the other oils.
CLEANSERS
Origins Checks and Balances Froth Face Wash, Philosophy Purity Made Simple,  Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, Ole Henriken African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser
Origins Checks and Balances Froth Face Wash, $7.06
It smelled like a blend of citrus and herbs, which I didn't find to be the most pleasant fragrance. It lathers up pretty well, and it takes at least two washes to remove all make-up.  It leaves skin feeling clean but not stripped.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple, $7.33
This cleanser has an almost medicinal smell. It has a light lather that doesn't feel like it's cleansing enough, and it requires at least two washes. It leaves skin feeling clean but not stripped.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, $15.00
This smells like floral cucumbers, not a fragrance I enjoyed at all. It had a light lather.

Ole Henriken African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser, $6.43
This cleanser smells delicious, like red gummy candy or red soda, and it has a fairly light foam. It seemed to get used up more quickly than the other products - but maybe that 's just cuz' it smelled so good!
TREATMENTS & EXFOLIANTS
GlamGlow Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment, Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser, Boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder, Boscia Mini Konjac Cleansing Sponge,
GlamGlow Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment, $19.00
This treatment had a slightly sweet fragrance. It's really light gray in color and slightly granular in texture. I liked it.

Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser, $11.40
This cleanser had a light, pleasant scent that leaned almost fruity. It was oily enough to leave an almost oily feel behind. I usually like my face to feel cleaner, so I always followed this up with a regular cleanser. It does a decent job of removing all my make-up though.

Boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder, $6.14
This powder turns into a creamy paste that makes a light lather when mixed with water. It's a very gentle exfoliator with a light fragrance.

Boscia Mini Konjac Cleansing Sponge, $5.33
This sponge is quite hard dry, and it is considerably softer once you dampen with water. I rather liked it - it's less harsh than a wash cloth but it feels more effective than just using your bare hands.

VERDICT: I was very, very pleased with this collection, and I can't wait to try more of these out! I will use every single item that came in the box. This retails for for $48.00, and the individual values of the products total $113.98, so that's a great bargain! However, it was a limited edition, so it doesn't look like it's available anymore.  

Comments

Popular Posts