March 2017 Disposables

HAIR PRODUCTS
1. Cleansing Cream from my January 2017 GLOSSYBOX.
2. Klorane dry shampoo from the March 2015 Birchbox.
3. Ouai hair mask from the January Sephora box.
4. Briogeo deep conditioner from last May's Sephora box.
BODY PRODUCTS
1. The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter
2. Francisco had gotten me several Lush products back a couple of Christmases ago. This soap is basically bone dry at this point.
3. This Rich shampoo is in the body category because I basically used the majority of it as shaving cream.
MAKE-UP
1. This lip gloss came in my 2015 Holiday GLOSSYBOX. It was starting to smell a little off the last time I used it, so it was high time to toss it.
2.If you choose to invest in a BeautyBlender, you're probably like me and you end up keeping it around for perhaps a little longer than you should. I know there have been reports of people cutting them open to find mold or bugs inside; thank goodness, I didn't discover anything like that inside mine. You can see that the foundation had seeped into the sponge a little ways, so I suppose that's a sign that I should be more diligent about cleaning it. It's recommended that you wash it after every single use - which would be pretty much daily for me - but I'm lucky if I wash it once a week.  I'm going to try and get better about this though and keep a small tub of baby shampoo near my bathroom sink. I've tried other make-up applicator sponges, but it's clear why this $20.00 sponge is so well-known.
3. I don't think the Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hr Perfecting Primer performs as well as the Dr. Brandt one I prefer. I wouldn't repurchase.
4. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
5. I received this lip balm in the Summer 2014 FabFitFun box.  
6. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.
FRAGRANCE & NAIL
1-4. The only bad thing about participating in these fragrance sample tests is I have no idea which perfumes I actually tested! Some of them I quite liked.
5. These Cutex Nail Polish Remover pads came in the Influenster Bloom VoxBox last year. I didn't find them to be saturated enough to be worth it. It'd be great if they could take off two hands' worth of nail polish without getting too dry.
FACE PRODUCTS
1. The Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Moisturizer was pretty good, and I would consider purchasing, but the SPF content is a little low. I recently had to buy a moisturizer with sunscreen, and I was surprised at how difficult it was to find something higher than SPF15, so it seems like this is pretty standard.
2. The Korres make-up remover from the Skin Wonderland Sephora collection was definitely not a favorite of mine. It took a decent-sized amount to budge my make-up, so my preference would be something oil-based.
3. This GlamGlow moisturizer from last month's Sephora's box was too glowy for me.
4. Clinique moisturizer from the February Sephora box.
5. Tarte exfoliating stick from the January Sephora box.
6. Nuxe Regenerating Night Cream
7. Hey Honey peel cream from the July 2015 GLOSSYBOX.
8. I tested the Paula's Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Eye Cream as part of a BzzAgent campaign. It's a very thick cream that takes a little while to absorb. It's not great for wearing under make-up, so I used in the evening.
9. Josie Maran balm from the March Sephora box.
10. I tested the Adeline Hyaluronic Acid Serum back in 2015. I've heard nothing but good things about incorporating a serum like this into your skin care routine.
11. I've tested Paula's Choice BHA Liquid in the past, so it was interesting to try this in lotion form.
12. The BeautyCounter Cleansing Balm came in my February 2016 PopSugar box. This was an effective make-up remover, but I still would prefer an oil-based one.
13. This Unani cleanser came in my October 2016 GLOSSYBOX.
14. Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream that my husband got me a couple of Christmases ago.
15. The Vichy Idealia Life Serum smells lovely, and my skin felt smoother after use.

FINAL RESULTS: 33
A fair number of full-sized products, so that's always nice.  I think I'm doing a pretty good job of working through my stash. It helps that I'm only getting one monthly beauty subscription box nowadays [Sephora Play], and I'm being extra cautious about my spending. 

Comments

Popular Posts