July Beauty Box 5

July Beauty Box 5
Beauty Box 5 is a beauty subscription box that I've been aware of for some time, but the products offered never seemed intriguing enough for me to actually subscribe. They recently had a promotion where I was able to to sign up to receive a box at a much lower price than the usual $12/month subscription cost.
This beauty sampling service delivers five deluxe samples and/or full-sized products. Every month will include a mix of make-up, beauty accessories, hair, skincare, etc., representing luxury, drugstore, niche, and eco-conscious brands.  

Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara, $7.99 [Full-size]
I have not opened this mascara yet, because I have too many open currently. This is a lengthening and volumizing mascara that is actually supposed to lift lashes.
Revlon Bold Lacquer Mascara
Anna Naturals Glowing Mama Walnut Face & Body Scrub, ? [$10.99 for 4 oz]
This reminded me of St. Ives Apricot Scrub - it's similar in texture and smells good.
Anna Naturals Glowing Mama Walnut Face & Body Scrub
Body Drench Candy Licious Lips, $3.99 [Full-size]
I received the Grape Lollipop flavor, which maybe wouldn't have been my top pick, but it was still a good lip moisturizer. And it definitely smells like a grape lollipop!
Body Drench Candy Licious Lips
HASK Argan Oil Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment, $2.39 [Full-size sample]
This hair treatment smelled delicious, but I found that it didn't rinse cleanly from my hair, so my hair felt a little greasy afterwards.
HASK Argan Oil Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment
Starlooks Lip Liner, $12.00 [Full-size]
I received this lip liner in Bare, which is kind of a brown/gray color. Application was so-so. This would definitely not have been my top pick for a lip liner, but it has worked well to layer under a brighter lip color and help tone down the brightness a bit.
Starlooks Lip Liner
Total Value: >$26.37
This box regularly retails for $12.00 monthly, so this is a good value. I didn't really love any of the featured brands though, so this is unlikely a subscription I would want to continue in the future. If you are interested in subscribing, check out the Beauty Box 5 website here.    

Comments

Popular Posts