June 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

June 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that sends subscribers a monthly Glam Bag with about 5 deluxe samples or full-sized products. The Glam Bag costs $10 monthly, and I have gotten some great values with this subscription - we're talking a value of greater than five times the cost! Please use this referral link if you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy.

I have subscribed to Ipsy for a year now, and I've had mixed experiences. I didn't end up receiving my June bag until early July. I moved, and while I had updated my mailing address, they still ended up sending it to my old house. I checked the Tracking Status email, and my bag was reported as Undeliverable...emailed Customer Service, and they informed me that it had been successfully delivered, providing a tracking code link for verification...I clicked on the link only to find out this was my delivery notification for the MAY bag. *Deep breaths.* I explained that this was not the correct link...they were quick to apologize and send out a replacement bag. OK, not so quick to send the replacement since I didn't have it in hand until July 3, but whatevs. It was a hectic time last month, I could barely keep up with everything that was going on, let alone expect Ipsy to do so. :-P

Anyways, I've cancelled my Ipsy subscription for now, partially because I've been enamored with Glossybox and partially because I just haven't been loving recent Ipsy bags. ;-) Although they do provide a good way for me to rebuild my make-up bag collection that was stolen during our recent home invasion, so I may be back, LOL. Case in point, this gorgeous bag from June's Pretty in Paradise theme. So cute and tropical!  And wayyyyy better than last month's if you ask me! ;-))
June 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara, $8.48 [$19.99 for 0.33 oz; sample size: 0.14 oz]
I actually sampled this back in my September 2013 Ipsy bag, and looking at my Ipsy.com Glam Room, I think I was supposed to receive Be a Bombshell Lash Out.  I was forewarned that they might be out of stock on some items, so my replacement bag might not include all of the products I was originally scheduled to receive. It's a decent mascara that adds a fair amount of volume to lashes. It's not waterproof though. It would have been fun to try something new, but I haven't been too impressed with other Be a Bombshell products, so I'm not terribly disappointed.
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray, $3.16 [$8.79 for 125 ml; sample size: 45 ml]
This hair spray smells delicious (like coconuts), and it did change the texture of my hair, but I still didn't love it.
Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray
Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner, $4.99 [Full-size]
Application of this blue eyeliner was just okay, and I'm not really a fan of the color since it's not something I would normally wear.
Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner
NYX Butter Gloss - Eclair, $5.00 [Full-size]
This lip gloss has gotten good reviews for its durability and affordability. I did find it to be a long-lasting lip gloss, although it was slightly sticky. Just slightly, not anywhere near as bad as other glosses I've tried. It smells delicious - like frosting - and it is decently pigmented.
NYX Butter Gloss
Laneige BB Cushion, ? [$34.00 for 0.5 oz]
I tried the light sample from this selection, and application was very smooth and provided good coverage for a BB cream.
Laneige BB Cushion
Total Value >$21.63
The bag that the products came in was probably my fave item from this month's selection. :)
Are you interested in getting your own monthly Glam Bag?  Please use this referral link if you decide to check out Ipsy.

Comments

Popular Posts