The Last...

Thing I bought for myself...I had to check Mint, the site I use for budgeting and tracking my expenses, for accuracy. I'm going to assume that food and Groupons for food don't count, so...we're probably looking at an outfit I bought at Macy's a couple weeks ago.  I realized how long it's been since I've updated my summer wardrobe - there is still a lot of room for improvement there!

Recipe I made...Truth be told, there aren't a lot of recipes that *I* make. More often than not, I am the assistant in the kitchen...and by assistant, I mean food photographer and taste-tester. J/K! My brother came down for the week on Saturday, and I thought it would be a good idea to bake Francisco a cake for his birthday. I had pulled out recipes for consideration and everything. After a brief discussion, we went out and bought some pastries instead. :P Good thing Francisco loves to bake! He ended up making himself a birthday Tres Leches cake. :D

Cool place I went to...We've really just been hanging around town lately, but we did go to Tennessee a few months ago.
 We stayed in a pretty cool cabin, and I am thinking it would be a ton of fun to do a trip like this again.
Show that I watched...I'm a sucker for reality TV, so I've been watching a lot of Big Brother lately. :)

Awesome thing that happened...My latest obsession at home is hummingbirds. I'd noticed them flitting around outside our new place, and we decided to purchase a little hummingbird feeder. They are so fast and amazing! Someday I will actually get a decent picture of them. :P My brother and I were chatting on the deck yesterday evening and one flew up for a quick drink, and they are just awesome to watch.
Time I was really excited...A month or so ago, we had finally decided that we needed to change our booking with Affordable Asia. We had been so excited to go to Thailand with a brief stop in China at the end of the trip, but the situation in Thailand just kept getting worse and worse...and so did the flight times! All of our flights were scheduled so late, I was worried we would spend the entire vacation just plain exhausted. We were able to reschedule our booking to take advantage of any other vacation packages they offered, but most involved Thailand in some way, which we wanted to avoid. We'd finally decided just to do a China Discovery Tour, were thisclose to booking, and saw that they'd added in a Japan/China trip at the last minute! We were too excited and we booked that trip in a hurry! Less than a month and a half till we're in Asia...yikes, I still have so much to do to get ready for this trip!

Comments

Popular Posts